Join Our Team
Hydroseeding Team Leader
Hydroseeding (hydraulic mulch seeding) is the process of spraying a specially mixed slurry comprising of water, seed, hydro-mulch, fertiliser plus eco-friendly binder.
RMB Hydroseeding is a family-owned business on our second generation of hydroseeders. We pride ourselves on welcoming new team members into our ‘family’ and rewarding dedication, team work and loyalty. We work nationally so if you are interested in seeing amazing places in the UK look no further! No experience of hydroseeding or landscaping is needed, although it is desirable. We work across the whole of the UK and this role will be expected to cover all areas, although we are currently recruiting from the South East Wales and surrounding areas.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications for all backgrounds.
What we are looking for
We want a driven team leader, who understands how to logistically run jobs. Someone who understands the needs of the company but also prioritises the health and wellbeing of their team along with being considerate of the clients needs. Communication skills are key in this role as we are looking for someone who can get the best from the team, work effectively with the contracts and management teams but also can talk professionally with clients.
We need someone who is able to liaise with on-site clients and create brilliant working relationships and back this up with the correct documentation required for work to proceed.
We need a solution-focused individual who is unfazed when things change last minute and can work in a fast paced environment. We expect you to use your own initiative but also keep management informed of any decisions and changes.
- Flexibility to work additional or varied hours according to seasonal requirements, including working away from home and staying overnight.
- Ability to work both inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
- You must be able to bend, lift and pull/push equipment.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Numerate and articulate.
- Driving license essential and trailer experience preferred but not essential.
- Planning the logistics of each job, ensuring all materials, labour and equipment are ready.
- Gathering information regarding the logistics of the jobs liaising directly with our clients on site.
- Preparation of risk assessment and method statements (RAMS) and questionnaires.
- Leading the on-site team of operatives, including responsibility for health and safety and first line management duties.
- Accurately monitoring recording hours worked for self and team and reporting them weekly, ensuring hours worked are in accordance with the company policies.
- Working with the Contracts team to ensure all jobs are completed to the companies standards and to the clients specification.
- On-site client relationship management.
- Providing regular updates to the management team.
- Ensuring equipment and machinery is always fit for purpose.
- Follow up and competition of works.
- Working with management to improve the client experience, systems and policies where necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: From £30,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme
- Work from home
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Loyalty bonus
- Yearly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newport: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you willing to stay overnight near sites to reduce travel time and adhere to safety regulations (approx 4-6 times a month)?
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (required)
Work Location: Based out of Newport – operating nationwide
Application deadline: 10/02/2023
Expected start date: 01/03/2023
To apply for this role, please click here